LIMEHURST REMAINS A GOOD SCHOOL!
We are delighted to publish our latest Ofsted report, following our inspection on 5th & 6th April 2022. It confirms that Limehurst Academy continues to be a good school, but far more than that, the report really captures what a special place Limehurst is. The report is available to read using the link at the bottom of this page.
The opening paragraph is wonderful, and other highlights identified by inspectors include:
- Pupils are polite and respectful. In lessons, their conduct is exemplary.
- Teachers demand the very best.
- The curriculum is ambitious for all pupils.
- Leaders have… precisely identified where pupils have additional learning needs as a result of the pandemic. They are helping to rebuild pupils’ knowledge and skills.
- Pupils benefit from a rich personal development curriculum. They are prepared well for the next stage of their education.
- There is a culture of vigilance and care in the school.
- Leaders are determined to safeguard pupils’ welfare.
There are always improvements that can be made in any school, and we fully agree with the inspectors’ assessment of what we still need to do; in fact, we had identified these areas with them before the inspection.
As well as this glowing Ofsted report, Limehurst’s results are the highest of any local school – confirmed by the DfE here – and in the top 4% of all schools nationally. Our school motto of Achievement in a Caring Environment is truly alive and flourishing, and we are delighted that we can give our students, parents and the rest of our community the school it deserves.