Why Train with us?
Subjects that we offer for secondary teacher training
|History||Geography||Social Science||MFL - French||PE|
About the North Charnwood Learning Partnership
- NCLP is a well-established partnership of secondary schools with a 100% pass rate for students on our School Direct PGCE programme.
- NCLP is located in the Loughborough and the wider North Charnwood locality, a compact geographical area well served by public transport.
- We have a strong track record of training and developing excellent teachers across KS 3-5 in diverse teaching practice placements.
- High quality, experienced mentors within all of our placement schools.
- Our students commend our weekly professional development programme (PDP), held within the NCLP schools, run by outstanding practitioners throughout your teaching practice.
- Our ITT students benefit from a strong working relationship between NCLP schools and both the University of Leicester and Loughborough University.
- QTS with PGCE and 60 Masters credits from the University of Leicester or 90 Masters credits from Loughborough University (Physical Education only).
- The application and interview techniques seminar and ‘mock’ interview ensure our students are well prepared when applying for teaching posts.
- 100% of our students in 2014/15 and 2015/16 who applied for a teaching post were successful.
Schools in our Partnership
Limehurst Academy (Lead school)
Castle Donington College
Hind Leys College *
Maplewell Hall School
Shepshed High School *
* These schools are merging to become Iveshead School from August 2017
In addition, we have built strong links with specialist departments in schools outside of our partnership. We may offer placements in one of these alternative settings if it would provide the most appropriate experience for an individual ITT student.